Friday, September 5, 2008

Days You Don't Stop

Today was one of those days where I couldn't even sit down unless I was in the driver's seat of my minivan.  Plus, it was like the Fates were throwing every wacky curve ball they could think of at me.  I had a car that had to go to the shop, 2 sets of carpools to drive and a husband to get to work, yardwork to do before a tropical storm arrived in town, and a doctor's appointment for my son.  Many of these things were not on my list of things to do today.

So today I had my tiny, spiral notebook with me.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to write much, or even coherently, today.  But I could still get some snapshots of people, situations, and names.  I could mull through my plot at stoplights and think about how the story was going to play out.  And I could think of ideas to relieve the tedium of traffic, doctors' offices, and car repair shops. I even did some jotting down while waiting for the doctor (my son worked on his homework.)  So the day didn't go exactly as planned, but I did manage to get something accomplished.  And maybe Monday won't be the same way.

Cool website for mystery writers: http://mysteriousmatters.typepad.com/mysterious_matters_myster/   An interesting site for anyone interested in writing mysteries.